Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Supermartikainen, tick.



Jim Lindholm warming up.


Today was my second session on "Supermartikainen", if I don't count my attempts in 2004.

The weather was perfect and I had carbo loaded with a pizza the night before. The only worry was that I would not have enough skin because I had been running low on that lately.

We started with the usual warmup at "Västernblocket" and then it was off to the main attraction of the day where both Jim and I did a couple of ascent of the standstart just to feel that it will not be a problem when arriving there. The only thing for me on the standstart is the final move which never feels totally safe for me. Then I did some attempts on the final move I had not got yet, the letting go with the left foot to get into the starting position of the final part. I tried to find the trick but later it turned out that the trick was just to hang on to the crimper a bit harder. Got it a couple of times.

On my first two attempts after learning all the moves I fell on the crimper, feeling that I could almost hold it. On the third attempt I crimped harder. I had told Jim to remind me to do so, I don't know if it helped but at least we got documented on film what swearing sounds like in "åländska". ;-)

I can't tell how happy I was to do the problem but you can probably hear from the video. The happiness did not just come from the fact that I was doing one of my best climbs ever but also because I could now move on to something else, the season is short and I didn't want to spend all of it on this problem, it's not that good. What's next? Lets see where we end up this weekend, hope for good weather and good company from sweden and take it from there.


2 comments: