Sunday, April 18, 2010

Family event at Kasviken



Sandra taking her first steps on the real deal after a couple of months of pulling plastics.


Nice day at Kasviken after yesterdays disapointment when everything was wet, cold and rainy. Got the whole family with me and Jim and Sandra also joined us, Sandra was doing her first outdoor climbing ever and seemed to enjoy it, that's not the usual reaction from someone who has only been climbing indoors before in my experience so that was nice to see. It usually takes a little time to get used to the rock and the fact that all holds are not obvious.

After my warm-up I was able to tick off one of the problems on my list when I climbed the 7b:ish sitstart on the rock beneth the Dodo block. It's not the most beutiful problem there is but the climbing is quite nice.

Then it was off to work on "Game Over", unfortunaltely I don't have any pictures from that because todays digital cameras don't have fast enough shutter times to capture me on it. Well, it was not that bad but this is a problem which will take me a little more time, I have not done all moves yet and it really attacks all my weakness at the same and mostly my open hand strength and toe-hooking abilities. I did improvements compared to my friday session on it but it's still far away. A bit hard to work on for me with only one or two pads but I have a lot to learn from it which is inspiring.


Dani and Emrik seeking shadow under the "Game Over" roof


Video update:

No comments:

Post a Comment