Friday, April 2, 2010

Did Dodo


It's spring again, at least a little. The easter was supposed to be the big kick-off for the season but almost all problems were wet. Fortunately "Dodo" was dry so we were able to climb on it on thursday and friday.

Dodo is a bit hard to warm up on so on friday we had learnt our lesson and went to Vikingahallen for some indoor warm-up.

My first more serious attempts on the problem was last fall when Marko and Kikka were visiting but then I had a recently split finger tip and an aching knee so I didn't get much more out of it than the idea that it was very possible for me. Then came a finger injury so most of the fall and early winter was spent on the still rings and only a couple of months of climbing so the plan was to do the problem "this spring".

Thursdays attempts was no better than in the fall because I didn't find the correct footposition for my left which for me was the key to the problem, on friday I got the position right and that in combination with Erik Massihs contagious energy and Jim Lindholms trusty spotting it all went well. Ok, after my first success on taking the upper crux-move crimper I was helicoptered down from big holds on the lip but the go after that I was able to hold it and after that the top-out is a formality.

This opened up my climbing calendar for the spring but that's not a problem, I have much left on my ticklist. Ah, it feels good to be alive and ticking!



Photo and video by Erik Massih.

No comments:

Post a Comment