Saturday, May 1, 2010

May Day

May Day usually means lot of climbers in Åland, this year also. Yesterday we went to Djupviken but it was really crowded and the air was damp so the whole situation didn't invite to any climbing. Today was somewhat better so Emrik and I went to Kasviken to meet up with Erik.


More cars than usual at the Kasviken parking, but no record from what I've heard.

The conditions was better than yesterday but the "stick" was not really there and Mongooli was partially damp. We'll conditions was good enough for Anthony Gullsten to flash it in between my attempts and after have been climbing Dodo sitstart earlier in the day.

My attempts was better than last time, was able to do the 3 first moves, which for me is right into gaston, match with left, turn over right into undercling, but not all at the same try. This will take some time, I know I said that for Game Over also but this time it's most probably for real because I don't just have to figure out the sequence, I have to get a bit stronger aswell I think.

Finnished off the day with some work on Pop the Glock wich is much more reachable, did the problem in two sections so I think I can do it soon, there is also a cunning kneebar in the middle which allows no hands rest if you can get into it but I haven't tried that one yet.


Dodo and Mundo Gania, popular today.



Erik Massih

No comments:

Post a Comment