Thursday, May 6, 2010

Popped the Glock

First I would like to say that it was nice to see that even though there was a lot of visiting climbers here over May Day it seems like everybody used sense parking and took their garbage with them home. Of course you can see that there has been more climbers than usual but that is to be expected and no permanent damage was done except a few broken holds. This has improved a lot over the years, a few years back there was empty beercans, cigarettebutts and tape all over the places. Nice to see that people are aware. Still you can find traces after fireplaces though, which is not ok.

Pop the Glock was a really enjoyable climb which didn't take very long to complete. There was no real crux move but very even and nice climbing. Think I did it in my second attempt after figuring out the moves.

I think I will dial down a bit on the Mongooli efforts and instead do some easier climbs aswell because I don't know how much I have left of this season because when the baby comes it will probably be a bit less climbing for a while. I have realized that I'm probably not strong enough for Mongooli right now and that it's most likely fingerstrength that is lacking. I will work on this during the summer and come back to it in the fall. I have not done all the moves and the moves I have done I can't do all the time so it will take a long time to link it and I might aswell become stronger on other stuff in the meantime.



Popping the Glock

No comments:

Post a Comment